The new year will start off right with another Somba Education Seminar! Larry Cohenís DVD on Defense will reinforce your skills.
These events are becoming increasingly popular, so please register early. We will meet again at Birmingham Unitarian Church on
JANUARY 27th @ 4:00pm.
This event is free, pizza & pop are included...how can you miss???
These events are designed for everyone, not just newcomers!
Register by responding to this email or call Vickie at 586-944-4218.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Your Somba Education Committee
Vickie Vallone (1/2)
|| Gangadhar Vaishampayan
|| Silver Life Master
|| Silver Life Master
|Ruby Life Master
ETIQUETE and TIPS
1.   Always count your cards BEFORE looking at them.   If you don't and have an incorrect number,
you may face a penalty.
2.   You may ONLY tell your Partner if the last trick is facing the wrong direction.   Calling attention
or correcting any other trick is strictly PROHIBITED.
3.   DO NOT call the director on yourself, even if you realized you revoked or any other reason.   Itís up to
the opponents to catch it.
4.   Any player except Dummy must call the Director when law infractions, hesitations, rude behavior, or problems
of any kind occur.   Dummy may, however, call a director after the hand has been played out.
5.   After a board has been played, you may not, without permission, remove someone's hand to look at it.   If
you have received permission, only one hand at a time may be out of the board.
6.   If declarer designates a suit, but not the rank, he is deemed to have called for the lowest card of the suit indicated.
7.   If declarer designates a rank but not a suit, he is deemed to be continuing the suit in which dummy won the last trick.
8.   Do not ask for information unless it is your turn to bid or play.
9.   A player may not refer to his/her convention card during the auction or play.
10. The opening lead should be made face down until it is accepted by partner.   This prevents irregularities
such as leading when it is not your turn.   It also enables your partner to ask any questions about the auction or
alerts that have been made.
SOMBA ELECTION RESULTS
Submitted By: Dave Fletcher - SOMBA Election Chairman
The 2018 SOMBA board of directors election ballots have been collected and tabulated and the results are as follows:
Returning members to the board are:
Two new members joining the board are:
The board would like to congratulate everyone as well as thank them for their commitment to our bridge community.
Also many thanks and appreciation to our outgoing members -
Jerry Hasenjager and Lynn Root! (11/18)